The Florida State Parks Foundation is 501(c)(3) nonprofit citizens support organization (CSO) whose mission is to support and sustain Florida’s award-winning state parks.
To serve its mission the Foundation works diligently to educate the people of Florida and its elected officials as to the unique beauty and irreplaceable value of its state park system. The Foundation also raises funds to further the mission and work of the Florida Park Service and to improve visitor enjoyment of these public lands and waters.
In cooperation with the individual park CSOs, the Foundation supports park staff and the thousands of dedicated volunteers in order to foster the highest level of natural resource protection and professional interpretation of these resources.
The Executive Director will be a full-time employee of the Foundation and will perform the duties as described below.
- Provide strategic planning to the President and Board and execute it when approved
- Work with the Board and staff to ensure the Foundation's missions and programs are fulfilled
- Direct project-based fund-raising campaigns, capital campaigns, grant fundraising, major donor programs, and seek to make successful partnerships with potential organizations and donors
- Assist the President to execute his/her duties and support other officers and Board members
- Manage administrative affairs and be responsible for financial, document and governance changes as necessary
- Oversee the work of staff and contracted service providers.
- Manage communications and oversee the timely production of newsletters, membership campaigns, and other materials, and expand social media presence
- Develop new programs, services, and benefits to further the Foundation's mission
- Represent the Foundation along with other Board officers and members at events of the Florida Park Service and other venues
- Promote the Foundation to a wider audience with the aim of expanding membership, recognition and corporate sponsorship and funding
- Five or more years of experience in a senior leadership position with a nonprofit organization
- Proven experience in fundraising and revenue generation
- Results oriented, demonstrated goals achievement, strong public speaking skills
- Understanding of land conservation and environmental issues, estate planning, and other relevant legal matters desired
- Commitment to environmental and conservation goals
- Proficiency with standard software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Desktop publishing software)
- High standards with regards to oral and written communication
- Ability to work for long periods without supervisory oversight
- Ability to work with teams and committees and be available for frequent Board and committee meetings which are often scheduled after hours and on weekends
- Ability to coordinate and oversee multiple and diverse projects, set and adhere to timelines
- The Executive Director reports directly to the President and Board of Directors and will work closely with the Officers of the Foundation.
- The successful candidate will be required to sign a nondisclosure agreement, and acknowledge that all material developed, managed, or promoted belongs to the Foundation.
- The Executive Director works at the pleasure of the Board of Directors. The position can be terminated under the terms of the employment agreement between the Foundation and the Employee.
- Applicant must have a valid US driver’s license and be a US citizen.
- Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
- The Florida State Parks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
- This position is currently home-office based in Tallahassee, however initially there can be flexibility with the work location.
Interested parties should email a single pdf file that includes a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to: Don Philpott, Interim Executive Director, email@example.com and Paula Russo, President firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Announcement