The Florida State Parks Foundation is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic and experienced executive-level fundraising professional to serve as it’s first Chief Executive Officer. Established in 1993, the Foundation is 501(c)(3) nonprofit citizen support organization (CSO) whose mission is to support and sustain Florida’s award-winning state parks.
To serve its mission the Foundation works diligently to educate the people of Florida and its elected officials as to the unique beauty and irreplaceable value of its state park system. The Foundation raises funds to further the mission and work of the Florida Park Service and to improve visitor enjoyment of Florida’s state parks.
The Chief Executive Officer position is designated as a full-time employee of the Foundation, with an Employee Agreement, and performs the duties below.
- Raise significant funds through soliciting donations, corporate sponsorships, and other fundraising efforts
- Direct fundraising campaigns, grant fundraising, and major donor programs
- Develop successful partnerships with potential organizations and donors
- Serve as the Foundation’s primary representative and liaison with the Florida Park Service
- Serve as the Foundation primary representative for advocacy and legislative affairs
- Provide strategic planning and guidance to the Board and execute approved plans
- Guide the development and implementation of the Foundation’s Annual Program Plan
- Assist and support the President and the Board with executing their duties
- Manage the Foundation’s administrative affairs including financial and other programs
- Direct the work of staff and contracted service providers to ensure the Foundation's mission and programs are fulfilled
- Manage the Foundation’s communication strategy and efforts
- Develop new programs, services, and benefits to further the Foundation's mission and support the Foundation’s Annual Program Plan
- Represent the Foundation at events of the Florida Park Service and other venues
- Promote the Foundation to a wider audience to expand recognition, sponsorship, fundraising, and membership
- Five or more years of experience in an executive leadership position with a nonprofit organization, business or government
- Proven experience in fundraising and revenue generation
- Results oriented, demonstrated goals achievement, and strong public speaking skills
- Understanding fund-raising techniques, estate planning, contracts, and legal matters
- Commitment to environmental and conservation goals
- Proficient with standard software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- High standards with regards to oral and written communication
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and entities to further the goals of the Foundation
- Ability to work for long periods without supervisory oversight
- Ability to work with teams and committees and be available for frequent Board and committee meetings which may be scheduled after hours and on weekends
- Ability to coordinate and oversee multiple and diverse projects, set and adhere to timelines
The Chief Executive Officer will have an Employment Agreement that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Annual goals for raising funds to support the Foundation’s mission and the Annual Program Plan
- The Chief Executive Officer reports directly to the President and Board of Directors and will work closely with the Foundation’s Executive Committee.
- A nondisclosure agreement, and acknowledge that all material developed, managed, or promoted belongs to the Foundation.
- The Chief Executive Officer works at the pleasure of the Board of Directors. The position can be terminated under the terms of the Employment Agreement.
- Applicant must have a valid US driver’s license and be a US citizen.
- Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
- This position is currently home-office based with the goal to be in a Tallahassee office location. During initial employment, there can be flexibility with the home-office work location.
Interested individuals should email a single pdf file that includes a (1) letter of interest, (2) resume and (3) salary requirements to:
Don Philpott, Interim Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Job Announcement